For Windows 11/10/8/7/XP,
Please make sure you've configured the WiFi setting for your FreeX thermal printer from the first step of quick start guide, and then proceed.
2: Get the Latest IP Address of FreeX
Turn the printer off and on, then the printer will beep. Within a minute a label should print out with the WiFi connection details, the printer is now connected to your WiFi. The information on the label gives you the IP address that will be used shorty
3: Connect the FreeX printer to your Windows wirelessly
- Go to "Printer & Scanners" from the start menu > Settings > Devices > Printers & scanners and press "Add a printer or scanner"
- Let the computer search for a printer and then click "The printer that I want isn't listed"
- Next, mark "Add a printer using a TCP/IP address or hostname," and click "Next"
- In the "Hostname or IP address" you will type the IP address from the printed piece of paper and for "Port name" you will name the printer whatever want for example FreeX Wireless, then click "Next" and the computer will take a few seconds to detect the TCP/IP port. Do not click "Cancel"
- Next, you will need to provide some additional port information. For "Device Type" mark "Standard" and "Generic Network Card," then click "Next," and your computer will then start detecting the driver model. Do not click "Cancel"
- Next, you will install the printer driver. For "Manufacturer" click "FreeX WiFi," and for "Printers" click "FreeX WiFi Thermal Printer," and then click "Next"
- Now select the version of the driver. Here you will select "Use the driver that is currently installed (recommended) and click "Next"
- For "Printer Sharing," select "Share this printer so that others on your network can find and use it," and for "Share name" choose whatever you want for example FreeX - Wireless
- This is letting you know you added FreeX successfully. Now click "Print a test page" and a page should be printed from FreeX to see that the connection is good. Once that is done click "Finish," and now your wireless connection setup is complete and you are ready to print wirelessly!