Make sure you can print via USB (quick guide here).
- Open FreeX WiFi ToolBox
- In rare case, eif the popup message shows “You do not have permission to open the application”
- Using Terminal, enter the "sudo chmod -R 755 " and then drag the app file onto the Terminal window, press enter, and enter your password if asked. Detailed reference
- Click on "Connection Test" and it should say "Connection Successful" if it says "Failed", reconnect the USB port, restart your printer, and reopen the WiFi Toolbox
- Then click "FreeX Setup" and another window will open
- You will be in the "WiFi" tab
- In the "SSID (2.4GHz)" type in your WiFi name, make sure to be very careful since this is case sensitive, the 2.4GHz is referring to the WiFi frequency the FreeX is compatible with
- "WPA-PSK/Wha2-PSK" should be marked, for type "WPA2-PSK" should be marked and for encryption "AES" should be marked as well, double check these are all correct, then in "PSK Key" type in your WiFi password (Case sensitive)
- Then click "Set," and it should say "Sync Success," and a label with the WiFi Configuration information will come out. Here you will also get more information about what you just completed and where to go next.
- Double check that the WiFi name and WiFi password are correct on the piece of paper
- Then click the "Ethernet" tab
- Make sure "DHCP" is picked and for "DHCP" make sure it says "Enable," these should be set like this already. Then press "Set" and "Set Success" should appear on the screen, if the it says "Set Failed" restart your printer and start the process from the beginning
- Turn the printer off and on, then the printer will beep. Within a minute a label should print out with the WiFi connection details, the printer is now connected to your WiFi. The information on the label gives you the IP address that will be used shorty.
Final Next Step: Connect Your Computer to a WiFi-Configured FreeX Printer Wirelessly
If you connect from MacOS, please follow this quick guide.
If you connect from Windows, please follow this quick guide.